Mazza Building & Development Company provides high quality and unique custom homes in Oakland Twp MI and surrounding areas. Call the top rated Oakland Twp MI Custom Home Builders at (248) 625-3305 to begin building your dream home.
A Guide to Hiring a Custom Home Builder
Building a new home is the largest investment most people will make in their lifetime, so it is important to get it right the first time. Choosing the best custom home builder for you and your project is essential to its success. Remember, you will likely be working together for 6-12 months; so as in any relationship, there needs to be trust and clear, honest communication.
What is the role of a custom home builder?
A good custom home builder is an advocate for the homeowner as well as an integral and collaborative member of the design team. They work with the homeowner and design to team to help establish a realistic budget for the project and then monitor the cost and scope through the design and construction process.
Custom Home Builder Responsibilities:
• The home builder will involve and mange subcontractors during the design process so the design team can coordinate key building systems in to the design of the home. A qualified custom home builder has advanced knowledge of all building systems and is responsible to for making sure the subcontractors execute the work as outlined in the designer’s plan specifications and to building code.
• The builder will contract with the owner for the construction price on the home and track all cost, submit pay request to the bank and designer for approval, provide lien release waivers for all completed work, and prepare estimates and collect money for approved change orders and owner initiated changes as outlined in the contract.
• Once the designer has filed for and obtained the building permit the builder will be the liaison between the building inspectors, governing jurisdictions, and the design team.
• The builder will be responsible for managing and obtaining all approvals, inspections, and the certificate of occupancy.
• The builder will order, check, and accept all building material and component’s prior to installation.
• Upon completion, the designer will review the project for any deficiencies. The builder will work with the subcontractors to resolve any issues and once this is done, and the city has completed final inspections and issued the certificate of occupancy, the builder will deliver the project to the owner.
• The builder will educate the owner on the operation and maintenance of the house and service the warrantee as required by local jurisdiction.
If you are seeking a Custom Home Builder in Oakland Twp MI or nearby areas, call the Oakland Twp MI Home Builders you can trust – Mazza Building and Development Company at (248) 625-3305 today!