Have you been dreaming of building a custom home in Birmingham, MI? If so, call the top rated Birmingham MI custom home builders at Mazza Building & Development Company at (248) 625-3305 for a free consultation.
If you’re in the market for a new home, chances are you’ve been looking at pre-built or semi-custom homes. But if you want something that you can truly make your own, a custom-built home offers exactly what you’re looking for.
Top Reasons to Build a Custom Home
When you build a custom home, you can take advantage of the flexibility and creativity it offers. Here are five great reasons why opting for a custom-built home is the best choice when it comes to home ownership:
- You can build a home completely to your specs and unique tastes. There’s no need to worry about how to work around someone else’s blueprints.
- Need a bigger garage, extra storage space or an extra room for exercise or entertainment? You can incorporate all of these extras plus much more into a custom-built home. You can also add extras that account for your present and future needs, such as aging in place options like entryways built with wheelchair accessibility in mind.
- You can easily incorporate energy-efficient extras into a new build at a lower cost than it would take to retrofit green options into an existing home. These options can help you save hundreds of dollars each year on your overall energy costs.
- Custom homes require less initial maintenance than existing homes since everything is practically brand-new, from the flooring and building materials to the appliances, HVAC and plumbing systems. It’s also much easier to keep track of their condition from the start, unlike with existing homes with used appliances and HVAC systems.
- Custom homes offer a tremendous level of customer satisfaction that’s unmatched by already-built or even semi-custom homes. When you build a custom home, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that there are no other homes just like it. A custom home is truly a one-of-a-kind deal.
If you are looking to hire an experienced custom home builder in Birmingham, MI, call Mazza Building & Development Company at (248) 625-3305 for a free evaluation.
Mazza Building & Development Company specializes in building custom homes in Birmingham, Michigan and surrounding areas. If you would like to have the custom home of your dreams, call (248) 625-3305!
Tips on Moving Into your Custom Home
Once you’ve secured a loan, lot for your home, and made your dream home complete with a hot tub, there are still a few things you’ll want to consider. Unpacking can be as stressful as packing up and moving. Here are some tips to help you get a head start on unpacking and make your new house feel like a home as soon as possible.
- Yes, it may be annoying to label twenty boxes with the word “Kitchen,” but when you’re looking for a cereal bowl in the morning you’ll know exactly where to find one. Inventory lists are helpful, but if you don’t want to get too in-depth, you can always list a couple of the most important items in each box. By writing a list of a couple of items on the side of the box, you’ll never have to tear through ten boxes to find the coffeemaker.
Keep Related Items Together
- What you’ll want to unpack the necessities right away, especially kitchen items. Even if you’re not ready to cook a 4-course meal right away, you’ll still need bowls to eat cereal out of and a microwave to heat things up in, at the very least. Getting most of the kitchen set up an the boxes cleared away will make your new house feel like a home much sooner.
Separate the Necessities
- Pack an overnight bag or suitcase. What things will you need right away? What things will you need in case the moving truck gets delayed? When you start moving into your Birmingham home, you’ll want least one change of clothes, toothbrushes & toothpaste, toiletries, chargers for your electronics, and towels and sleeping bags if there’s any possibility you’ll get to the house before your things.
Remember, you don’t have to unpack everything at once. Just unpack a couple boxes at a time, and you’ll be all moved into your Birmingham custom home in no time!
If you are looking for a professional and dedicated Custom Home Builder in Birmingham MI and surrounding areas, contact the Birmingham MI Custom Home Builders you can trust – Mazza Building and Development Company (248) 625-3305 today!
Patience Is a Plus Custom building a home also requires patience and tolerance. “When you buy an existing home, you make a few changes and move in, but a custom home can take up to a year,” says Don Vandervort, founder of HomeTips.com in Glendale, CA. “Also, things don’t work out the way you imagine. For example, utilities provided at the site are not where you would expect them to be or materials don’t show up on time, so expect delays.”
Decisions, decisions, decisions. Do you use a builder or do-it-yourself? How many rooms? What will it look like? How many floors? From the wall color and carpet to the type of cabinet knobs, there will be an overload of choices to make, so be prepared because it can get stressful.
“Once we get to know someone and get a sense of their taste and style, we can bring samples in of plumbing fixtures, lighting, cabinetry, etc., but there are a lot of decisions to be made,” says Meyer. “Builders try to help them with the whole umbrella of things that need to be done and help them to make these selections.”
But be warned that custom building has even strained relationships. “It breaks my heart when the couple goes at each other’s throats and there’s a real risk to the marriage,” says Jernigan. “You need a real team collaboration to do this.”
The Perfect Brainstorm If custom building in Birmingham MI sounds right for you, then Susan Lang, author of Designing Your Dream Home, recommends brainstorming a list of must-haves and don’t-wants before even starting the process. Her book provides useful checklists to help kick-start ideas. “The process will be smoother depending on how well the homeowner does homework and plans for what they wanted,” she says. “One sink or two, heated towel bar or not, a room for your autographed guitars, wheelchair access. Otherwise, you can run up additional expenses because you haven’t worked through all of the options.
Be very careful if you decide to do the work yourself, says Hector Seda, vice president of operations for Wilson Seda Builders in Pompton Lakes, NJ. “Have some sort of background or have someone guide you in the process,” he says. “Don’t go into it blind or it might end up costing you more in the long run.”
If you want to build a home but custom building isn’t an option, consider semi-custom. “You can choose an already made spec plan and modify it to fit your needs,” says Stenger. “You might like a home that was done before and can start from there.”
For example, say you like the plans for a Victorian house, but it has only three bedrooms and one bathroom, which is too small for your growing family. You can modify the plans with an architect, who can add another bedroom and half-bath. The same can be done for almost any modification you want to make, including adding windows or a porch or moving the kitchen to the other side of the room. Too many changes, however, and it might be better to create a custom home plan with your builder instead.
Above all, says Vendervort, once you make the decision to custom build a home in Birmingham MI, “you really will know you’re putting together the house that meets your family’s needs and lifestyle every way you want it to.” source: bobvilla.com
If you would like a custom home builder in Birmingham MI and surrounding areas, please contact the top rated Birmingham MI Custom Home Builder – Mazza Building and Development Company at (248) 625-3305 today!