5 Home Maintenance Tips for Fall
Mazza Building & Development Company specializes in building custom homes in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and surrounding areas. If you would like to have the custom home of your dreams, call (248) 625-3305.
The summer season is winding down, so it’s the perfect time to prepare for winter months in Bloomfield Hills. For your convenience, we have compiled a list of tips for homeowners to make sure your home is ready for Michigan weather.
- Check your faucets in and outside of the home for leaks and repair them. Waiting until the temperature drops could be more costly if a pipe breaks.
- Complicated tasks like interior painting, cleaning or replacing carpeting should be done in the warmer months. It is better to get bigger jobs out of the way before winter.
- Schedule a heating system check-up from a professional. Remember to change your filters every month, and clean your heating ducts and vents. Don’t for get to ask the home professional to check check for possible carbon monoxide leaks.
- Prevent drafts in your custom home! Replace window seals and door weather stripping if needed to prevent heat from escaping in the winter.
- Inspect your roof and clean out the gutters. Being proactive will help find any leaks in the roof and prevent damage from clogged gutters.
If you reside in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and are looking for a custom home, Mazza Building & Development Company can turn your vision into a reality. Please call (248) 625-3305 for more information today!